Why I traded in my Escalade for an electric car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why I traded in my Escalade for an electric car

Post by Colin@campbell.club on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:38 pm

I was just reading an article as to why people should drive an electric car. Its because e-drivers like want to protect the environment or users want save on gas.

Truth is I drive an electric car for neither of those reasons. I have owned a Volt now (waiting for my Model X) for almost 4 years. There are 4 reasons I love electric cars:

1) I don't have to go the gas station every week, eliminating 10-20 minutes of waisted time per week.
2) The electric car does not have any gears or a noisy engine. Quite frankly after driving the Volt I felt it was more luxurious than a Mercedes because of how smooth it drove. I realized that electric cars are the future of luxury vehicles (including boats BTW). I live in Fort Lauderdale and have a 24 foot. Its noisy. We can't travel quickly in the intracoastal so getting an electric boat that is silent would be heaven.
3) I get to drive in the HOV lane (saving time again)
4) It accelerates quickly and smoothly. I was once pulled over by a cop who said to slow down. I explained to him that I was not driving faster then the speed limit and he just said slow down. The first few seconds of acceleration of an electric car is quite fast compared to gasoline cars.

Why do you drive an electric car? Feel free to share here.
Colin@campbell.club
Admin

View user profile http://www.nic.club

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I traded in my Escalade for an electric car

Post by charlie.richmond on Tue May 19, 2015 3:45 pm

I agree with everything you say plus I want to save the environment and save on gas ;-) In short everything possible about the current crop of electric vehicles makes perfect sense. I have long been a fan of the concept and belonged to various electric vehicle clubs but only within the last 5 years have they become truly practical, mainly by being safe, having a workable range and batteries that aren't both massive and short lived.

charlie.richmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top